Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 12

I know this is a day late. But yesterday was one of those days that was pretty bad,  and I honestly needed some space from the day to find things to be grateful for (I know, I know.) But this exercise has been really helpful, and after going to bed to clear my head and taking some time to think it over, I did come up with some things to be thankful for.

  1. Thank you to my oldest for being patient with me when I'm being grumpy, and for calling me out on it and telling me when I need to come down. I'm so proud of you for being so aware. It takes quite a four year old to realize that it's not you, it's just mommy being a grumpy butt.
  2. Thank you to my wife for being patient with me when I was having a bad day, and for not letting me drag you down with me. That made all the difference in improving my mood.
  3. Thank you to the car for waiting until after my wife's appointment to break down. It was a really important appointment that she waited a long time to get to, so it really is a good thing that she was able to get there. 
  4. Thank you to my wife's friend Katie for lending her the car to get to work, and for going above and beyond and letting us borrow it over night to see our friends from out of town.
  5. Thank you Country Buffet for making the yummiest macaroni and cheese. Your food used to be a little yucky, but you've really stepped it up and it's exactly the comfort food I needed last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment