- Thank you to the potential landlord for meeting with us and listening to our story. For the first time in months, I feel like we actually have a shot at getting a place.
- Thank you to the library for carrying Wise Man's Fear. I've been wanting to read it for awhile, and I've really been wanting to get engrossed in a good book.
- Thank you Cartoon Network for making Regular Show and Teen Titans. It's so awesome to have a show that's awesome and funny for kids and parents.
- Thank you to my wife for encouraging me to start drawing zentangles again. I've sorely missed it. We both need to take time to be creative.
- Thank you to me for sticking strong and watching what I eat and losing two pounds! They are the first of many!
Friday, June 6, 2014
Thursday, June 5, 2014
- Thank you to the people at Metro Care Ring for being so awesome, helpful and caring.
- Thank you the woman with the apartment for being understanding when my mother in law couldn't make it and letting us set up another appointment for tomorrow. I'm really hoping this one will work out!
- Thank you to my wife for searching everywhere to find the charger for her work kindle so I could use it to read library books.
- Thank you to the library for having such an awesome selection of ebooks. There are so many things I want to read that it's hard to choose!
- Thank you to the manufacturers of Nuwave oven for making it large enough to fit a 12 inch pizza. Buying it from the store/making our own is the only way we could afford to have pizza right now, and we don't have an oven in the room. Your awesome product has really been helpful to have throughout this whole ordeal.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
- Thank you to my family for having a lazy day with me. It's nice to do nothing once in awhile
- Thank you to my wife for being patient while I looked at endless makeup tutorials.
- Thank you to my wife for letting me practice my newfound skills on her face.
- Thank you to the internet for helping me find a very promising apartment. We may have a place to live by this weekend!
- Thank you to our therapist for being so awesome and attentive. You put a lot of time and effort to establish a rapport with our family. I know it's your job to listen, but you always go above and beyond to help us.
- Thank you to the mechanic for getting our car fixed quickly and relatively cheaply. I was really starting to worry about my wife's future employment if we didn't have a car.
- Thank you to my wife for taking over bed time and giving me a break.
- Thank you to my wife for helping me plan my awesome temple in Minecraft.
- Thank you to my son for being so helpful throughout the day and doing extra cleaning.
- Thank you internet for the recipe for vegan banana "ice cream". It's super good and super healthy. It's definitely going to be a staple in my house this summer.
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
A day late again, but I got stranded without a car! By the time I got home and got the kids in bed, I just wanted to go to sleep myself. So I did.
- Thank you body for just going to sleep. I know it's usually pretty hard for you to wind down and what not, but yesterday was a long day and I was glad that for once I didn't need to fall asleep with the tv on, or spend time winding down or anything like that. No sleep anxiety, just sleep.
- Thank you my oldest son for being so awesome at doing your chores! You've gotten so much better in the past couple days and I'm so proud of you!
- Thank you circumstances or whatever for taking us down the route I had been down and finding the apartments I wanted to call! No vacancies now, but here's hoping we'll have an apartment by the 15th!
- Thank you hotel for not raising our rates. We saw the new sign outside, and I was panicking a bit. It was nice to know that it was for nothing.
- Thank you to my mother in law for lending us her car so we could go to the store and get things done while our car was (still) in the shop.
Sunday, June 1, 2014
- Thank you King Soopers for having breakfast sausage on sale! My wife was able to make us a delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and sausage!
- Thank you Colorado for the gorgeous day!
- Thank you to my family for being up for a mini adventure today! It was great spending the whole day outside!
- Thank you nature for the awesome nature sighting day! I saw two water fowl I can't identify, a snake, a ton of cool beetles, squirrels, ants...just a ton of awesome animals.
- Thank you to my family for just being awesome. Today was one of the best days I've had in a long time, and it was amazing to disconnect from tv and phones and spend the day together enjoying each other's company. I love you all so much and I wish every day could be like today. Today was perfect <3
- Thank you to our out of town friends for being a little late to give me a chance to shake my bad mood so I was able to enjoy the rest of the day.
- Thank you to Belleview Park for having the coolest children's train. It was a lot of fun to ride with my kids and the new friends they made at the park.
- Thank you to the lady running the Schwan's booth for letting your son hang out with mine. I think it was helpful to you too since you were working, but it was great for him to have someone his age to play with all day.
- Thank you to Schwan's lady for giving my son an ice cream on the house! That was very nice of you!
- Thank you to Dollar Tree for having some really awesome summer toys! What I got would have cost a lot more than $3 anywhere else, but $3 is about what I can afford right now, so it was cool to be able to get my son some cool toys to play with at the park.